Today I was reading a post in the Solo Female Traveler Network on Facebook that said “Anyone else doing 30 before 30?” I assumed the post meant 30 countries before turning 30 since it’s a travel group but I looked up “30 before 30 meaning” anyway. All these different bucket list articles came up—some listing things I don’t relate to and others covering things I’ve already done.
Since I just turned 26 and that fateful day when I turn 30 is only four years away, I’m whipping up my own 30 before 30.
1. Spear my first fish
2. Buy property in a foreign country
3. Travel without an end date
4. Dive with orcas in the Arctic
5. Learn to trill my Rs
6. Live and travel in a van
7. Do a pull up
8. Find a man I want to be with long term
9. Live in Australia or New Zealand for a year on a Working Holiday Visa
10. Read Atlas Shrugged
11. Work remote full-time
12. Do a perfect handstand press
13. Ride in a hot air balloon in one of the iconic locations like Myanmar, Cappadocia or Egypt
14. Hike Machu Picchu
15. Start my own business, even if it’s just earning $10 from this blog
16. Go on an African safari
17. Dive the Blue Hole in Dahab, Egypt
18. Take a trip with my dad
19. Take a trip with my sister
20. Surf and safari in Sri Lanka
21. Smash a bottle on the edge of a bar like Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore
22. Write a book
23. Learn photography and photo editing
24. Travel through Patagonia
25. Work as a yoga teacher in another country
26. Explore Egypt
27. Learn how to cook at least three fancy dishes
28. Go completely offline for a week
29. Learn to sleep and be comfortable without A/C
30. Find balance in living in the present and preparing for the future
There you have it!
I realize that my list isn’t very deep and mainly has to do with traveling and hobbies, but that’s just what came to mind as I quickly whipped it up! As I wrote it, I tried to come up with more meaningful things that have to do with helping the world or family but nothing specific enough for the list came to mind.
Everyone says your 20s are for being selfish. This list definitely reflects that with a lot of international travel and questionable activities, but I’m confident plenty of opportunities to add value to other people’s lives will naturally pop up by following my heart and dreams.
Make Your Own Bucket List
If you have never made your own 30 before 30 or any kind of bucket list, I strongly encourage you to do so. It’s fun to dream big and meet your goals or live your adventures!
Now that I’ve shared my dreams with you, what’s on your 30 before 30 bucket list? Are there any items on my list that are on yours or that you would never do? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!