Escape to the Caribbean’s extreme sports haven while saving money on baggage fees with this carry-on packing list for Cabarete, Dominican Republic. You’ll get Dominican Republic outfits ideas and be able to pack with zero stress.
Why Visit Cabarete, Dominican Republic
This tropical destination has everything you need for an exhilarating vacation with no lack of relaxation and indulgence. This resort town is affordable with beachfront accommodations and dining options to suit every budget. Stay on Kite Beach and take kiteboarding lessons right outside your door, dine on gourmet Italian food overlooking the ocean or ride past the clouds on the Teleférico in Puerto Plata—that’s a typical day in Cabarete.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Outfits Ideas
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Outfit 1: White Sundress
This is the white sundress of your dreams. It is so comfortable, so flattering and so effortlessly chic that you’ll want to wear it every day. Don’t sleep on this one—it’s a keeper!
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Outfit 2: Two-Piece Linen Set
I am 100% two-piece sets when it comes to packing for a trip because it gives you an unforgettable outfit you don’t have to think about AND you can mix and match the top and bottoms with other outfits. This two-piece linen set is perfect for Dominican Republic because linen is light and breathable.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Outfit 3: Floral Wrap Dress
I wore this exact floral wrap dress on my trip to Cabarete and I felt so flirty and tropical! It came out amazing in pictures and it almost a guaranteed fit since you can adjust how tight you want the wrap. The size small fits perfect without dragging on the ground and I am 5’3″.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Outfit 4: High-Waisted Jean Shorts + One-Shoulder Bodysuit
A nice-fitting bodysuit is the perfect way to dress up a pair of jean shorts. This one-shoulder bodysuit paired with jean shorts is perfect for exploring Puerto Plata or going out for lunch.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Outfit 5: Flowy Beach Coverup Dress + Bikini
This loose, flowy beach coverup dress is the perfect item to take you from the beach right to lunch or dinner.
Cabarete, Dominican Republic Packing List Essentials
There are a few must-pack items you’ll need for Cabarete that will keep you comfortable and protected from the sun.
Comfortable Walking Sandals
Reef Vista Sandals are my go-to for travel because their comfortable when walking for hours and they go with everything. I also love the Reef Water Vista Sandals for more adventurous activities (like everything in Cabarete) because they are 100% waterproof and they float!
A quality rashguard like the TSLA Rashguard is a non-negotiable in the Caribbean. I’ve been using this exact rashguard for years and it allows me to fully enjoy the ocean and beach without worrying about sunburn or slathering sunscreen on every hour.
Unfortunately, you can’t completely avoid sunscreen, especially if you’re doing watersports like surfing and kiting in Cabarete. For your health and the health of the ocean, it’s so important that you use non-toxic, reef-safe sunscreen like Babo Botanicals. It works really well and it’s free of all the nasty ingredients that hide in most other sunscreens.
Carry-On Packing List for Cabarete, Dominican Republic Overview
This DR packing list overview tells you exactly how many items you can fit in a carry-on bag so you don’t choose way to many outfits and have to repack. Whether you’re flying a budget airline that only allows a free personal item or choose the most affordable option on a major carrier, this carry-on packing list for Cabarete is for you.
- 5 Tops – Two tank tops (one was used as a sleep shirt) and three cute short-sleeve tops to be worn with shorts.
- 3 Shorts – Two pairs of jean shorts (one high-waisted, the other with rips) and one pair of exercise shorts.
- 1 Dress – Floral and comfortable wrap dress that’s perfect for a nice dinner or night at the beach bars!
- 2 Swimsuits – It’s nice to have one swimsuit dry at all times so you don’t have to put a wet one on the next day. I brought two bikinis—one with fuller-coverage bottoms for activities like surfing on Playa Encuentro.
- 1 Cover-Up – A beach cover-up is your best friend in the Caribbean. If you really need to pare down your packing, you can wear a cover-up over your swimsuit three days in a row and it’s not weird (trust me, I’ve done it). I opt for a white bohemian-style, see-through cover-up dress.
- 2 Rash Guards – It’s likely you’ll spend most of your trip in the water or sun and rashguards are perfect for protecting you skin swimming, surfing or kiteboarding. This rashguard from Amazon helped me protect my skin in style while kiteboarding for three hours at a time.
- 2 Pair Leggings/Loose Pants – Cabarete is a famous kiteboarding spot because of its consistent, strong winds. Bring one or two pairs of leggings or loose Thai pants for wearing on the plane, yoga class or to keep warm in the wind.
- 1 Light Sweater – Planes tend to be absolutely freezing so do yourself a favor and bring a light sweater with you on the plane. You can just carry it over your arm instead of packing it.
- Underwear for Each Day
- 2 Bras – You may only need one depending on what kind of tops you bring.
- 2 Sports Bras – Cabarete is full of yoga classes and it’s a beautiful spot to run on the beach.
- 2 Pairs Comfortable Shoes – I brought one pair of comfortable leather sandals and a pair of cheap rubber flip flops. If you know you’ll be hiking or need good walking shoes, trade one pair of sandals for tennis shoes.
Do You Need a Rental Car in Cabarete, DR?
While you can walk or take a short taxi ride to the strip of beach restaurants or Encuentro Beach for surfing, it’s worth having a rental car to explore nearby areas like Puerto Plata and Sosúa. You definitely want to book your rental car for the Dominican Republic on DiscoverCars.com because this is where you’ll get the best deal!
Where to Stay in Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Best Place to Stay for Kiters (on Kite Beach)
If you’re going to Cabarete to kiteboard your heart out or take kiteboarding lessons, you want to stay right on Kite Beach in this stylish Two-Bedroom Apartment with a big balcony. Staying in an apartment is totally normal in Cabarete and a lot of the “hotels” are more like apartment units that are rented out.
Best Place to Stay on Cabarete Beach
If you’re plan is to soak in the sun, swim in the ocean and lounge by the pool with a good book, you want to stay right on Cabarete Beach at the gorgeous Ultravioleta Boutique Residences. These spacious units are beautifully decorated and so welcoming you’ll never want to leave.
Best Place to Stay to Learn to Surf (on Encuentro Beach)
Cabarete is one of the best places to learn how to surf because the waves on Encuentro Beach are perfect for beginners. You’ll love staying at El Encuentro Surf Lodge because it’s walking distance to the beach and so chic! There’s a beautiful pool, delicious restaurant and on-site yoga classes! Plus, the boho chic decor gives you the best backdrop for vacation photos.
Best Boutique Hotel in Cabarete
If you’re looking for peace and quiet but still want to be walking distance to Cabarete Beach, Kibaya Lagoon Villa is for you. They have the most stunning decoration and property and the breakfast is to-die-for. Plus, there’s a river right on property that you can paddleboard!